Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Fair Credit Reporting Act

I can understand where your coming from as a business owner, but you have to also realize that the Direct Tv policy for being an employee with an HSP like Mastec is "0" felonies ever. Never. Even if it was 20 years ago. But that is their policy. They do not take it on a case by case basis or take how long ago the felony was into consideration.

Now working for a contractor that gets work from and HSP like Mastec the standards are not as strict or stringent, but are still tough. I was told they went back 7 years on the criminal background and on the driving record they went back 7 years. Passed my drug test of course. Passed the criminal background (whew..they truly must have only went back 7 years...LoL.) but was considered "Non-Compliant" because of an "inelligible" motor vehicle report. But nobody seems to know why I failed because my MVR has nothing, no tickets or moving violations for 8 years. Ahhh but here's the ticket. They went back more than 7 years and saw that I had previous DUI's more than 8 years ago, one being in 1997. I finally got the girl at Lexis Nexis to tell me the dates and requested that she mail me the report and she did. So, you can't go by what the contractors tell you. They don't know what the standards are.

I don't like the rule that it is "company policy" that they don't hire anyone with a felony and anyone with more than one DUI. They should take the persons recent character into consideration. I have not touched a drop of alcohol since 2003. I have been truly reformed, but that does not matter because they will not even consider me because of their discriminating "company policy". But the corporations own the politicians so, I don't expect anything to change anytime soon. But you have to admit it is unfair.

The funny part about it is in the past I worked for three DirecTV contractors over a five year period (Experience) but their policies got more stringent and stringent as each year passed after Mastec bought up all the smaller contractors in GA and SC. So, I slipped through the loopholes from 2007-2010. But now I can't get hired installing satellites, a career I have 14 years experience (including Cable) because of the new laws. My DUI's were before MASTEC even came onto the scene in the DirectTV business.   Go Figure?
This is CABL.com posting #332019. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbyxj
Posted in reply to: Re: Fair Credit Reporting Act by unifiedteamserv
There are 0 replies to this message