Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Realistic pay for triple play!

I see you are in Fl. I feel bad for you. I too spent a short time in Fl a few months back under a BH system and you can refer to that post for my experience there (horrible). I should had stressed it def matters what MSO/system you are in and this is why I mentioned my area. Under a BH system and getting w/o for drop bury of in house techs up to 300ft, free wall-fishing, shitty customer service who can't build the accounts properly, bad equipment, TOA App etc, etc. Now you can also refer to posts I have made about our elected "officials" in D.C....and I am in a MD county outside of DC/Baltimore and my point in mentioning this was that we are not affected by the economy as much due to the proximity to DC $ therefore the MSO/Primes don't have such a big pool of desperate people doing things for nothing. Also for 3 years here from 2005-08 1000-1300 was the norm after I learned what I was doing. That was working 5-6 days and putting in 45-65 shop to last job hours. It should also be known there were techs who made 600 and techs who made 1500 some of who worked longer and shorter than I. I am looking at starting up here again after I left for a short term opportunity and the rates, amazingly, are higher than when I use to work here. Sorry your in a shitty area with a shitty MSO & pay rates but don't assume your hell is mine or that is the way it is everywhere. All I can say is do your research, get the pay rates, READ YOUR CONTRACT, and talk to techs. It is a business...had to deal with the same thing while I was doing foreclosures...some paid more expecting less, and some the opposite was true. And who would of thought, the pay rates even varied bank to bank and state to state. Some people are just better suited in hourly/company based positions rather than the production based contracting world. Just like when I moved to Florida a few months back because I made some of the above mistakes and thought cable was cable. Cable is a business and like most opportunities are different in different areas. Adapt or move on...
This is CABL.com posting #331902. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbyvq
Posted in reply to: Re: Realistic pay for triple play! by TTCCVV
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Realistic pay for triple play! bushmaster 8/18/2011 12:50:24 AM
Re: Realistic pay for triple play! bushmaster 8/18/2011 12:50:24 AM