Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A W2 employee...can my company hold my check

They can hold your check if you have company issued materials that have not been turned in
ID Badge,Uniforms,Tools,Materials
You can have a $1000.00 last check and not turn in a $3.00 ID Badge and they can set their own value on it, because they issued it to you.
you can have materials that were turned in to the house mouse and if the inventory turned in don't match the materials drawn minus the materials used on compleated jobs, they can keep your last check.

I worked a splicing job one time and you were issued a box or pallet of Materials and it had an exact count of amps, line extenders, splitters, taps, unions, pin connectors, 90's , everything the BOM listed for the run or Node you were issued, Zero truck stock, if you had a bad fitting, passave or amp you had to call  the office and have it delivered in the field.

The prime inspected your truck when you arrived on the job and if you had a stockpile of materials from some other job you had to unload it and store it at your expense, and show up back at the warehouse with all empty bins, just your personal splicing tools

I know this wandered away from W2 employee, but bottom line they can do whatever the fuck they want, or just leave and work for someone else
This is CABL.com posting #330818. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbydW
Posted in reply to: A W2 employee...can my company hold my check by jvill1986
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: A W2 employee...can my company hold my check sweepdude 7/22/2011 11:52:23 PM