Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: could use some start up help

thanks old line dog .. i was woundeing about the low voltage.. i keep getting mixed messages about this and will just work towards doing this anyway..just to clear some of this, its hard for me to post a full plan with out writing a book..to assume the worst of my plans is not fair.i have done MDU work before and for this company as well. under a different company awhile back. they love the work i did and the crew i ran but my company pulled out cause they were sub sub into the prime and didnt see the reason for us to do this when our install program was going really well. and i was pulled back into leading the crews there, but i saw the future of MDU work.i have plenty of MY money saved to last me and 4 guys at top pay and foreseen expenes to last us 5 months easy.. i will NOT need a loan i have 2 bulldog drills and all the hand tools and bits to cover this project for months ive been planning this for some time now and i should be set up for my main gear. im just about to pull the trigger and wanted to check my bases before i got a lawyer so i had all my questions in hand and ready..the size of my crew will be really small 4 people including myself i plan on splitting up into 2 groups and ill hop around to QC and check the work. im thinking about getting a labor to help up with clean up running tools what we needed to keep us working. and give us a small break.my main concern's are at 1) what point will i lose control of managing this by my self.do i keep it small for awhile build back up then grow after.2) after this main project how and where do i begin to look for more work, after my main contacts are out of work..3) holding onto my crew do i try to find experienced people or go local to add on / replace people.4) are my pay rates to high im getting worried that im over paying in hopes to keep a crew.but i dont want to be greedy, im doing this so that me and other good techs are able to get payed what we are worth. i have gotten fed up with the pay rates ive been seeing over the years.the list keeps going on i didn't want to write out a 3 page letter for help, but i also dont want to get flamed from people that think the worse about other people..im was hoping to find some good tips and things to prepare for. im just really nervous cause these guys are depending on me to provide work and make sure there paid..but my llc will be completed next Tuesday ill talk to the lawyer when i get the papers to sign and go over the questions i have. im really hoping that we can get started next month.so things like do i need a manager this early, low voltage do i need workers comp even tho there contracting to me, eagle capitol.. these are all great things for me to look into.. thanks again for the people that are willing to provide help
This is CABL.com posting #330268. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbx44
Posted in reply to: could use some start up help by hatefully
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: could use some start up help dhigh 9/26/2011 2:54:53 PM
Re: could use some start up help johnmc3 7/8/2011 11:50:02 PM