Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: satellite to cable installing

"With the time you put in doing installs you could work two low wage jobs and make the same pay. "

And that my friends in a nutshell is what media installations has become for cable and sat. If you are young enough go and get an apprentice job with any commercial construction specialty job like a steel worker, or an electrician, etc. The cycle of people to replace those fed up with this industry is endless as can be seen by the amount of illegals now working with fake ID. Providing a I-9 doesn't mean jack as the employers don't actually have to submit them, but rather keep them on file. Fake ID makers can use a site like been verified to perform basic background checks on ID's they are about to forge so they pass background checks, and the federal govt. doesn't care because it's tax revenue that the illegals will never file a refund for.
The Media providers don't care because they can back charge up the wazoo and the illegals aren't going to go and complain to the dept. of labor for fear of getting caught. And getting I.C.E to run checks with pics and fingerprints won't happen because the gov't needs the money it has to meet payroll. And at this point in time it's obvious that most of the media providers really don't care about the quality of service or the quality of persons they deliver/send to customers homes. All they want is their bill paid so that the stockholders are happy, while these bogus background and drug checks simply protect their liability not if, but when something really heinous happens like the cable contractor that raped and murdered a mother and child and then set the house on fire to cover it up.
This is CABL.com posting #327975. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxt5
Posted in reply to: Re: satellite to cable installing by casburn
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: satellite to cable installing rookietech 5/26/2011 4:52:03 PM
Re: satellite to cable installing timrlly 5/24/2011 9:56:16 PM