Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: religion

You are correct. What I am saying is one ought to research something out, and not just take someone's word on a matter, before making a decision. There are plenty of ancient manuscripts, written well before today's Bible came into existence. It is from those documents the Bible is put together. The Bible was written by 40 authors over a 1500 year period. It wasn't like someone just sat down and put it together from memory one day. There are thousands of recorded fulfilled prophecies that were written well before the actual event took place. There are MANY reasons why I do accept the Bible's accuracy and accept it as the divinely inspired Word of God. The point I was trying to make by referring to the Koran as telling of Christ was that they had no agenda to do so as they do not accept Him as the Messiah. The existence of Christ was not just some fairy tale made up by some goat herders sitting around a fire telling stories. There are other documentations that speak of the life of Christ. I do respect your right to believe as you wish. No one can "prove" anything when it comes to spiritual matters, but there is plenty out there to research before coming to a conclusion without just believing what someone tells you. There are a LOT of religions out there that you can discount very quickly when you study them out, as there is nothing to back them up that even remotely gives credit to what is being said, discrepancies that are obvious, and full of error. I can't say that God didn't speak to Buddha or reveal Himself to Him. I have come to the conclusion, that after studying it, Buddha was a very wise man, but can not save you. King Solomon was very wise, but he cannot save you either. He wrote many of the Proverbs, but they will not save you. They give you a good path to follow on how to live a good life, but I firmly believe that only Christ brings salvation through His payment of sins on the cross. I can not prove it. It is just what I have come to believe. I walk by faith, just as you do.
Gary Vest
This is CABL.com posting #327805. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxrl
Posted in reply to: Re: religion by johnmc3
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: religion gmntkn01 5/25/2011 12:21:20 AM