Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: are you out of your mind

I don't see a band-together idea working. There is no "we" and they know it. As long as there is an overabundance of labor there is little chance of anything like a union or a strike ever changing anything for installers. Even if there were a union most of the work involved in a satellite installation is considered apprentice level work...you can be trained to be productive in a week.

At issue is how to get paid, anyhow. There are adequate laws on the books but enforcing them is next to impossible. The courts have huge back logs and even serious crimes are plea bargined away. Small Claims courts do not offer any guarantee that judgments will be paid.

So I don't see a future for the installation "industry."  Other technology will come along and replace satellite communication. In the current time I just won't work for them because they have shown themselves to either be dishonest or allow others to be dishonest in their dealings. The other way to characterize them is using excess downward price pressure.  As the prices offered for installations has come down  the honest and competent installation offices have left.

Installation work is just not profitable and my suggestion is look around and move on.

F them!

Joe

joe
This is CABL.com posting #327268. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxiG
Posted in reply to: Re: are you out of your mind by squirel
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: are you out of your mind squirel 5/15/2011 7:02:44 PM
Re: are you out of your mind djackson8809 5/14/2011 2:54:04 PM