Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Hhhhhhmmmmmmm

Sky the first part of the statement that you left out of your retort, kind of puts the whole statement into prospective."The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything." Now the rest of the statement, " Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance...logic can be happily tossed out the window."

To reply to your statement of, To blame God (or satan) as the first cause of everything that happens when it's your own falt is illogical and nothing more than a cop out. I refer you to the quote in the first post of this thread "The person sins, then blames Satan for it."(Afghan Proverb) It is because that man has free will that he blames his sins on satan, god, buddha or whoever.....

As for the statement of "Christianity has a built-in defense system: anything that questions a belief, no matter how logical the argument is, is the work of Satan by the very fact that it makes you question a belief." I should have included the line "It's gods will or it must of been gods will" somewhere in there..

I guess next thing will be that evolution despite all the scientific evidence is wrong...

Mark Twain did ask a good question  "Who prays for Satan?" I would believe that a good Christian would ask god to forgive him or for Satan to have a change of heart and beg gods forgiveness.... wouldn't they? But if that happened then their would be no one to blame sin on.

There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it.
Buddha

If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #326249. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbw2f
Posted in reply to: Re: Hhhhhhmmmmmmm by goodsky
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Hhhhhhmmmmmmm Gary Vest 4/27/2011 7:58:57 PM
Re: Hhhhhhmmmmmmm goodsky 4/27/2011 4:27:37 PM