Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Japan

Hay I use to work with Mr.J. in Japan. We were building and running HFC plants on the US Navy and other military bases all over Japan. So why did you feel you had to start your reply with a insult? Did you act like that in Japan? If so no wonder you were treated badly.

I do agree with you on the natto I dislike the stuff myself but the wife loves it. But the horse sashimi is great I love the stuff.
Yeah Japan's economy is one of the most expensive in the world and I too saw many things that compared to the states were way over priced. But did you ever try the KOBI Beef? Yeah it's about $3.00 a gram but it's fantastic!! My wife's aunt gave us a 1/2 a Kg of it as a wedding gift. Best steak I ever had, actually melted in my mouth.

You are right about the work climate, you really have to not only read between the lines but put up with all the backhanded complements. My Japanese is not that good but Mr.J can speak and understand it pretty well.

But all in all I loved it over there, it's even better once you get out of the Tokyo area and get into some of the country areas. The Onsen,s are one of my favorite things to do. Nothing like relaxing in a hot spring and down a few beers or some Saki. It also seems like they have a holiday every other week there. Only place I've been that has more holidays than Canada.

Your entitled to your opinion to dislike the place but speaking for myself my 8 years there were some of the best of my life.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #324393. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwyj
Posted in reply to: Re: Japan by up2oneghz
There are 0 replies to this message