Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Will this end the bickering? For me, yes.

Can you please provide backup for the information you have on the Bible? The research I have done tells a much different story. For example, two of the four Gospel books, Matthew, and John, were written by men who were with Jesus and witnessed the risen Christ. The rest of the new testament was written within the first 100 years or so, and Paul's epistles were penned by Paul, not a story handed down through time. There is sooooo much more I could write here, but I need to get rolling. Research, research, research is what it takes to make an educated decision. Then you look at the source of what you researched. Taking everything you hear and "think" with a grain of salt is just plain ignorance at it's finest. I would be more than happy to go over the information you may have and study it thoroughly. Please share, because I have never ran across the information you are sharing during my quest for the Truth. What has me really puzzled is you say you believe in God and Jesus Christ, but how, if not the Bible, did you come to know them? It just doesn't add up. You keep saying we claim to have a vengeful God, but what I say is we have a God who loves us unconditionally and has provided a way of salvation despite the fact that sin entered this world and man chose to embrace it. He is merciful and offers that relationship with Him to anyone who accepts it, Mark. You can't earn it. You never will be able to, because once you sinned one time after asking for forgiveness, you'd be back to square one. Atonement is through the blood of Jesus Christ and his victory over death through His resurrection. Being born again is simply accepting what God has to offer, repent from (repent literally meaning "to turn" from something) sin, and accept Christ. The change comes from the Spirit indwelling us and convicting our hearts when we stumble. The relationship is much more than just saying a sinner's prayer. It is a life changing event, Mark. One that reunites us to prayer and reading His Word for direction in our walk with Him. Trusting in Him and looking to Him to lead, guide, and direct us while on this side of eternity. Not trying to "push" anything on anyone. Just sharing what I have come to know and hoping others can benefit. If I met the president and he gave me 100,000.00 dollars, you can bet two things, I would never forget it, and I'd tell everyone I know. What God has done not only for me, but for all, is much bigger than anything I could ever experience. I will continue to share what the Bible has to say and defend the faith until someone can share intelligent information that proves that to be incorrect. There is sooo much eye opeing information out there when you really pursue it, bro. You don't have to agree with me. That is between you and God. Can I prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that all I believe is the way it is, no, that is why it is by Grace through faith. I just know what is in my heart after all I have studied and continue to study. Have a great day. I am now officially running behind. Oooops.
Gary Vest
This is CABL.com posting #323734. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwnG
Posted in reply to: Will this end the bickering? For me, yes. by Splicer Life 4me
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Will this end the bickering? For me, yes. jmiller 3/26/2011 2:14:57 AM
Re: Will this end the bickering? For me, yes. jmiller 3/24/2011 7:49:51 AM