Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Rock Anchor Question?

Thanks for the feed back! I've never placed or priced rock anchors before.
Here's the situation, if a power anchor was less then 12' from the pole we had to attach, and if it was 12' + they wanted us to place a new one. No problem, out 100 + down guys, we placed approx. 50% new screw type (which is what was in the contract) anchor and scabbed off the other 50%. There was 5 anchors within 700' of each other that we hit rock and could not screw in. We twisted a dozen anchors into cork screws trying different angles/locations to get these in, not going to happen. So we attached to those 5 and I informed the project manager what we did and told him to go to Power Co. and let them know what we did and if by some chance they would not accept this, rock anchors would have to be placed. Well a few months after the job was done we asked for our retainage back, we received all but a back charge for $750.00 per rock anchor they had someone else place. I've been fighting with them for about a year now and my argument is that we were not contracted to place rock anchors and that it was a billable addendum to the contract and should be billed to the customer. They said "your right we will check into it". I then asked what did the
Power Co. say when you told them what we did, answer: we never did go ask. I met these guys while we were there, they were good fellas I can't see them saying 11'11" your ok to attach but 12' is unacceptable install a rock anchor.
 Anyway after a year I have to take it to the next level because I'm tired of the run around and I needed some ammo price wise as to the ridiculous price we were back charged for something we weren't contracted to do.

Thanks again for your help.
This is CABL.com posting #323582. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwle
Posted in reply to: Re: Rock Anchor Question? by skidmark
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Rock Anchor Question? WeeWah 3/29/2011 1:07:26 AM
Re: Rock Anchor Question? MicroMan 3/25/2011 10:04:20 AM
Re: Rock Anchor Question? skidmark 3/22/2011 7:49:46 AM