Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Just Remember

Not really "Gods word" as much as it is 'Johns word' Gary. In other words, that is Johns interpretation. Those that follow blindly [even tho it is said they now can 'see'] and literally do not do themselves or their religion justice. There are 10 very distinct rules/laes that must be abided by. Be it Gods words or Moses, the 10 commandments are just plain morally correct and any decent human being incorporates each in thier every day lives. I do not recall the below statement being part of those must laws:

"Unless a man is born again he can not see the kingdom of God."

I take that as being an ultimatum. Not saying you made it up, just saying the preaching of it (IMHO) is not right. As I said prior, I am happy for you that you have found your way. I truly am. And I appreciate your wanting to spread your joy thru the good book. But as the scripture above is written, it seems [to me] that you are taking the bible all too literally and not the way it is meant and that is to be interpreted by each individual. That's basically all I am saying in a nutshell.

I really despise discussing religion on line as things never come across as they are intended when written. Sort of like the bible. You do realize of course that it has been written and rewritten multiple times, yes? And as such, much like the remake movies of today, much original meaning has been lost only to be replaced by anothers own agenda and interpretation.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #322996. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwbM
Posted in reply to: Re: Just Remember by Gary Vest
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Just Remember Gary Vest 3/13/2011 6:42:41 AM