Create your free account now! Sign up

Why do customers insist on lying on you???

Here's the deal, rolled on a reco job, lady wants 7 outlets no problem start my inspection find a bunch of radio shack lines split off junk splitters. Already I know I'm running all new lines so explain the mso charges per line and she freaks out, wants to know why so I explain its to cover the cost of labor and material. Then she pops up with then why the hell do I have to pay a cod, ma'am I honestly don't know what its for just that I have to collect it. You can call customer service and ask them. At this point I find the pole see that it's still connected from the previous sub. I go back to the house with my meter and start checking lines to see if any of them pull a decent signal and confirm my initial suspicion. At this point she says she needs to ask the hubby what he wants hooked up. I pull out the pda and check out what was ordered and see that that already put the charges on the order and was explaining that to her as she was yakking with the man on the phone. At this point he wants to talk to me. Ok no problem, says what the f*** is the cod for, again sir I do not know you will have to call customer service, well I'll hook up my own modem and box I used to do cable and know how. No sir i have to set up to set that up as part of my job. This is when it went bad, that pissed him off somehow. Asked my name and id # so I divulged, then says I'll have your damn job. I hand the phone back and tell her I will not do this job, I'm calling dispatch and getting them to move or cancel. She says get the f*** out and I hope me dog bites you in the ass. Have a nice day ma'am. I roll back to the shop and talk to the lead dispatcher and super no sooner do I get done, the phone rings and is "dos" asking about that job, she has him on speaker, the rep says the sub called and said that I refused to do the job and slammed the door and spun my wheels on the way out...my truck does not spin the wheels and I could care less if it was raining...
This is CABL.com posting #321302. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvKs
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Why do customers insist on lying on you??? johnmc3 2/5/2011 11:05:33 AM
Re: Why do customers insist on lying on you??? cucommunications 2/4/2011 10:17:25 PM
Re: Why do customers insist on lying on you??? Pizza Guy 2/4/2011 10:13:31 PM