Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Speed tricks

First of all as I pull up I scope out the tap location, where is power? Spend a few (10) max with the sub then scope out the existing wreck. It pays to know what you need before you need it. An organized truck is only second to an organized tool bag. I use a split rig, electricians rig on one side and a framers rig on the other if your using a "carry all" tool bag throw it away get you a belt rig the framing bag works great because it has 2 nice size pockets that will hold a whole bag of clips and connectors. Mine has a speed square pocket that I carr zip ties in, the big main pocket is nice for scraps and trash, also a 5 gallon bucket with a lid, first as a seat while working on the house box, then to haul the trash and debris. I also use 2 drills one with my 1/4" bit and the other with the masonry bit, saves interchanging time. Also you can use a can wrench or 7/16 nut driver for putting connectors on especially if the coax is cold also save the thumb callus making mama a little happier when you are doing what you do... oh and if you are trying to figure out how/what the last guy did or how to make it work, just replace the line it'll be faster... so in short plan, organize oh and imagine the ka-ching of a csah register in you head through out the job.... 
This is CABL.com posting #320174. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvsg
Posted in reply to: Speed tricks by ablcabltek
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Speed tricks ablcabltek 1/16/2011 12:25:58 PM
Re: Speed tricks ablcabltek 1/15/2011 11:20:46 PM