Create your free account now! Sign up

Media Net In Gulfport? Suspicious Charges?

I hear Media net in Gulfport is a O&O subcontractor and are hiring techs then charging them $10 per acct for phones even if the customer has no phone service or the customer doesnt want the phones hooked up. Then telling techs that Directv is charging them. I understood Directv cant charge for this, especially considering the lawsuit in Florida where Mastec lost millions on doing this to techs. I also heard that they are charging techs a  10% penalty of there whole check each week for not having workmans comp insurance. Mississippi law states you dont have to have workers comp insurance if your employee roll is 2 or less. Now Im hearing they are charging a $750 retainage on top of all this. With the rules on upgrades and installs just how much could these guys be making. They're families are paying the price for this no doubt! And hiring a bunch of naive (newbies)installers. Is this true and if so, has it come to the point where no one cares about ethics in this business at all? This business needs some rules about just how far these companies can go! Where are the Directv ethics in this?
This is CABL.com posting #319487. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvhb
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Media Net In Gulfport? Suspicious Charges? cable guy 987 1/15/2011 10:31:38 PM
Re: Media Net In Gulfport? Suspicious Charges? jbinstallations 1/6/2011 4:51:53 PM