Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Need some pionters on Hughesnet installs

I've got a lot of Hughes experience. Hughes changed the way things worked in October I'm not sure where your located but they don't allow for any custom charges on site due to the broadband stimulus money they received from the government an install now pays usually a flat 120.00-125.00 to the tech and you supply all materials. Even the 2" galvanized pipe that is supposed to be 9" ft. in length and the 75 lbs. of concrete we use to charge almost every customer 125.00 dollars on site for this. So be prepared to do alot of roof mounts this steel pipe is not cheap find you a fence company and get them to sell to you at whole sale cause anywhere else it is outrageous. As far as the insurance shop around a little you can get it at a descent rate.
You can sell systems to customers and you are allowed to sell routers and install them you need to learn these two things quickly the cost to install hughes now is not cheap though you can make money with it. You are now required to take pictures and there are some hoops to jump through this system installed Professionally usually takes 3 hours on a roof usually 2 hours. I can show you a ton of pictures of custom and prefessional installtions. I can wish you good luck I called it quits in October after having installed this system since it was released residentially and was called a Direc PC send and return system with 4000 receive and transmit modems that connected to the computer via U.S.B they were a challenge in the beginning and the 9000 if you know how to properlly point a run the squinting and scintillation process is a little tricky cause no body I know really knew how to explain it right so if you need help there let me know. Good Luck!!
This is CABL.com posting #319171. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvb5
Posted in reply to: Re: Need some pionters on Hughesnet installs by splicertim
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Need some pionters on Hughesnet installs EshoreJoe 1/1/2011 11:56:40 AM
Re: Need some pionters on Hughesnet installs brokeboy 1/1/2011 10:58:16 AM