Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: CSR's....Do they have ANY brains?

Most MSO's have a script that the CSR's are suppose to work off of. It gets them to ask all the basic questions like is the TV plugged in, is the problem on more than one TV, etc. If the CSR's are doing this or not who knows, but it's not only the CSR's it's the customers. The CSR could do their job exactly right ask all the right questions but if the customer doesn't answer correctly or doesn't bother to follow the CSR's instructions on how to troubleshoot the problem then a truck rolls. We have all seen it you get there and the customer has no idea how to work their TV, DVD player, sound system. I'm sure you have experienced this, you roll up on a house and there has been a power outage so the TV has gone back to its default settings, the customer has no idea how to get to the menu on the TV or whatever, they lost the remote, their kids were playing video games and never put the TV back on the right input for cable. It's all part of the business, if your contracting and you have to roll on service calls there should be some sort of pay for you to do the work, I know there was when I was still doing service/installs. The company charged $30.00 to roll a truck if it was not a cable problem, I got $20.00. If it was a cable problem the customer was not billed and I was paid for whatever I had to do to fix the problem. If I had to replace a drop I got paid for the drop, if it was something small like a splitter I got $20.00. I have no idea what they are paying now for that work I haven't done a contracted residential install since the 90's.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #319052. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvaa
Posted in reply to: Re: CSR's....Do they have ANY brains? by tnbrjb2010
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: CSR's....Do they have ANY brains? jmiller 1/4/2011 3:37:14 AM
Re: CSR's....Do they have ANY brains? SpeedLasher 12/30/2010 12:32:25 PM