Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Lead Tech?

Lead was always mentioned as a Tech who was the boss's right hand man, also the one who knows his shit when it comes to fixing everything. 

The contracting side of the biz took this term, stole it in my opinion.  When a subcontractor was killed from falling off a ladder in 04, his wife took them to court and the judge found he was an employee based off this relathionship with the company all the while being paid 1099.  Now all our paper work was changed from Supervisor and our manager "huh I was a supervisor paid 1099, was now named LEAD TECH. It sounds gay for contractors to say were sending out lead tech.  Contractors need to start telling the truth... Im sending out our contractor who has the most expericence to fix your issue with "what ever system BH,TW,Com, Chart or Cox".

The term lead should only be used when your an employee and Im was thinking how the Lead tech applies

Tech - grunt worker
Lead Tech -willin to do the shit work, go getter etcc for better routes kiss ass to Sup
Supervisor - uses the Lead for his shit work
Manager - Tells the sup all the shit that neeeds to get done.

Ive only got exper with the contracting side of the Lead Tech, it was used only after the Prime lost in court and had to think of a term not so employee.   It was like Germany burning the Jewish books at the Prime.. EVERY PIECE OF PAPER NEEDS TO BE TURNED IN... Im glad I kept copies..... Every mention of supervisor or employee terms was delt with by demotion or server verbal beatin's....

Merry Xmass...
This is CABL.com posting #318728. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbu4W
Posted in reply to: Lead Tech? by hookman 81
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Lead Tech? thand1 12/25/2010 4:37:35 PM