Create your free account now! Sign up

RE: MasTec

Its a "3" part issue.1. Mastec is publicly traded and its stock price is the most important part of being a public traded company. a. They can not control the work load, so they use sub partners as a tool to gain revenue when profit is at risk. Example lots of cancels, lots of lost equipment "most being sold on Ebay" , hight inventory costs "Materials being sold out the back door t o Subs"Management has built a system that looks for ways to limit the risk "loss". Sub partners is the key in all this. Since a good part of the work is performed by subs, its easy to back-charge for FSR's, Non-repsonders, and service calls. Most in any normal business relationship would not be tolerated. But its part of the Sub Partners contract.All these are factors that are passed to new companies wanting to get work from Mastec. Its so easy, offer 10% of your billable invoices and you have routes from the site manager. From what Ive heard. 2. Sub partners are used to control the profit and loss each quarter. So heres a prim example. Non-responders, Mastec gets a bouns from DTV for being above a certain percentage. If they are not the Sub Partner gets charged back for each IRD "This is new but its the most recent one everyone can relate too.a. Sub gets work from Mastec, you complete and Sub Partner bills. And hopefully they get all the invoice and if charges are deducted. Guess who gets them. This is a brief outline of my opinion on how it all works.A the installer your installation, all the wiring you past for, all the labor, everthing on that job is at risk. Your installing for free. Mastec wins every-time. At the end of the year and most quarters, techs are losing jobs from FSRs, Service calls and QC fails. Its spread across the entire system.Even the employees have only a half a leg to stand on, why do you think mastec employee base is almost all latin, not to sound like anything. Its not going to change unless Mastecs stock price is challenged by an SEC audit into its value. They will be always a guy to offer a crew and screw its workers. I was offered a contract, but I couldnt tell a guy sorry, your backcharge this week is 200.00 for back boxes off a 500wk paycheck. Its not my style.How can you value a company based off, cooking the books to inflate stock price and using unlicensed workers two wrongs dont make a right.Thats why you have alot of people who got into the Mastec DTV game and got pissed from the lies. I hope this lays it out for anyone looking to contract for a sub partner of Mastec.
This is CABL.com posting #317605. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbuMP
Posted in reply to: RE: MasTec by Cauachin
There is 1 reply to this message
RE: MasTec Cauachin 12/13/2010 11:38:01 AM