Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Conform! How about Reform.

I am with your in concept brother, but the sad reality is no matter what ya try seems this is how it is going to be till the end of cable TV contracting which is coming sooner rather than later I am afraid. 
  Just in the few short years I have been in this biz, I have seen 4 pay cuts, huge gas price increases, wear and tear on me, my family and my truck beyond reasonable measure. The math doesn't add up for all that is expected of us period. Now we are going to be on call on Sundays which increases my odds of going postal on someone 95%.. When I see my route with 5 jobs in one time frame. According to the w/o calculations the first job should take 4-5 hours.. Add up the 5 and thats a 25 hour day between 10 and 12 am!?? WTF???? all the while with the OTG looming and a sinking pass/fail rate on home certification(how am I expected to do that many jobs with out cutting corners seriously?). Not to mention the QC's and backcharges.. It literally is mission impossible for us and it just gets worse every month. Now I get to drive 40 miles to hang a non pay door card for $1.50!!?? This latest 7 day a week deal is the straw that broke the camels back for me... I am done with this business as soon as I can get out!!  I want my life back and the only way to succeed at that is to find another line of work...sad but true.. ;(    
Its been real, its been fun, but it hasn't been real fun...
This is CABL.com posting #317093. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbuEz
Posted in reply to: Re: Conform! How about Reform. by bushmaster
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Conform! How about Reform. bushmaster 11/19/2010 7:53:41 AM