Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Conform! How about Reform.

No sir. Not a walk out. But a strategic association; Cut Contracts LLC if you will. A group of us skilld workers that dictate our own price. Standard. Straight across the board given variances for cost of livings in regions, etc... but for the most part the same, but more importantly together as one. We are almost there now. A walkout would never happen. Guys that stayed would train the newB's and given Proper compensation finally. I've trained guys who initially burdened me until past green, but was never compensated. Not to digress. This association, once developed, would mandate the business just as Internet Explorer is used to browse. See my point. We would be so full of talent  we would be like Tradesman International. In there business environment, contractors which they provide skilled workers still employ there $10/hr carpenter, but also orders the skilled worker to acheive above the mark production and workmanship. I too was there. Keeping busy and travel became a problem but that was years ago. Perhaps the kinks are straightened. Middle contractors or (Midtractor if you will) will eventually be required to use us by the MSO's, or the MSO would just cut them out. Happy Us! Happy U.S.! We would get the business and those that dont join, eventually will. WE would have the resources and talent to train, to provide, to handle our own trouble calls, get paid accordingly, heck, keep another 65% to 300% of our income. It could be established as a Not for profit org. ( my plan) Therefore only small %% to keep operating. With the income increase, the benefits, the structure, no-one would miss the operational costs for the business. Practically online 100%. Paychecks auto. Orders auto right from home. How would you feel living in the country and get to work on the jobs near you because your one of the guys for that area. Or in the city and you get to stay in your city. You dont have go to Cleveland when you live in Columbus.That is how it shuld be. Not us running around accomplishing their goals. We are the means to the end. Its time we're treated the same. Also, how many times must our backgrounds be imposed upon. I mean Ive done work for Comcast 3 times, Charter 4 times, and TWC twice. All with checks. Our company is one background verif. MSO's rely on us and thats that. They will not invest tons of $$ to train new guys. If they would, then they wouldnt outsource to these suave theif Midtractors. They only do it b'cuz outsourcing saves them $$.  One check, one job, one Midtractor. By by theif Midtractor who took your money. He will be discovered and blackballed. He will be looking for a new window opportunity to cheat someone. Its a win-win. This will happen. Not to mention look at how much money the MSO's will save. No more cost for labor checking our verifs. No more ratio calc. Troublecall management. Heck TC's the easy part. We do them for free now practically. I have gone to more on myself that they didnt know about than my teammates or self got the orders for. I make customers call me. What do you say? Plus customers one by one will jump on this or jump with the 1st MSO that jumps on it. It will drive a huge revenue base opportunity in the marketplace. Customers will finally get empowered. I know my neighbors would love for me to come over just like that when they had a problem. At the very least they would be happy that the tech they get is a reliable one.  
This is CABL.com posting #317074. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbuEg
Posted in reply to: Re: Conform! How about Reform. by bushmaster
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Conform! How about Reform. bushmaster 11/18/2010 7:53:17 AM