Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A School for contractors?

Well the idea is that the tech would pay for the training and yes insurance would be a pain in the ass but could still work out.  Also the formal training in the fields could be considered a job shadow and internships.  I did internships in high school and i had to bust out alot of work.  The internship was for an ambulance company so you would think if i could help work on saving peoples lives without being paid as an employee then it could work for a cable tech as well.

Tons of the information i have learned over the years i can teach in a good classroom setting.  Obviously this would be more of a votech setting with a practical classroom as well as a sitting area for lectures. The idea is also there to teach basics that every contractor must know to work in ANY area.  I have worked in 3 different systems and when i moved around i was told heres our specs use what you know and do it this way... 

In regards to the question about poles.  My company has 3 poles in the back of our office that where put up ourselves and we hung our own strand to practice on.  put up a tap as well and have something nearby the trainees can run a drop to and it is a good thing to train on.  

This is CABL.com posting #316714. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbuys
Posted in reply to: Re: A School for contractors? by digitalphonemike
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: A School for contractors? islandcable 11/11/2010 1:04:09 PM