Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Knight Enterprises Every location

Yes your right most people can't cut it. But i'm not most people, I worked for brighthouse polk division for atleast 3 years and 3 years in the Orlando area. Knights was the worst company I have ever worked for in my life. In Orlando, Knight was a joke and lost their contract and got ran out of town. I worked for In/On Cable and Jagwire cable during those times.Yes your right most people can't cut it. But I'm not most people, I worked for brighthouse Polk division for atleast 3 years and 3 years in the Orlando area. Knights was the worst company I have ever worked for in my life. In Orlando, Knight was a joke and lost their contract and got ran out of town. I worked for In/On Cable and Jagwire cable during those times.

Knight would have a man at the gate logging you tech id and name if you showed up 1min after 7am.
We were told that if we were triple play tech we couldn't go home at 5pm we had to stay in field etc.
Backcharges for $100 even if the job only paid $15-20
Deduction would come out the blue.
You wouldn't know about backcharges until the day of your check because they failed to say anything on the production sheets that showed you what your checks will be.
We would have meeting outside with all the techs and 1 day were to to install per the BH specs and then the next day there telling us something totally different.

I can remember one time a tech was at a job and the customer had to move his boat in garage. Tech had the customer sign off saying he was not responsible for any damages that occurs for helping him move the boat. Customer didn't have the wheel on a proper support and it ended up hitting his can and then they went after the tech. Knight would not back the tech no if's and's or but's about it. The funny thing is they always preached about document everything so your covered. But from what I have observed it's all bull S*** If brighthouse say jump, knight says how hi. If brighthouse says bendover... you can bet the management is already bend over grabbing their ankles.

I truly dislike Knights and think there a joke. It's not fair that they have a monopoly in POLK County and cable techs can only work for them. This is a big mistake and BH and just like everything else... in time this will be fix. The day's of $5,000 + a month for cable techs are over. Like many have said here they will never come back.

I started my own Home Theater business and have been doing verywell. I hope Jeffery Knight pays and knights burns in flames. And I wasn't a shit tech and I left on good terms.

I was tired of preaching to other techs how we keep getting screwed week to week. So I finally quit for personal reason to pursue other things. If everyone would stick together and fight for their right things wouldn't have gotten this far. I'm involved in this class action law suit and although I didn't file it I sure jumped aboard.

Only question I have is this.... Knights treated us like employees while we worked as contractors. So if we join in this suit will they go back and classify us as employees and make us pay tax's as employees for the next 3-7 years. Someone in upper management I spoke with called me and said if I stayed in this then I could get screwed from this employed stuff. Anyone know the gist of this?

Do it right the 1st time, Spend less time the 2nd time.
This is CABL.com posting #315489. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbueH
Posted in reply to: Re: Knight Enterprises Every location by thand1
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Knight Enterprises Every location spinaltap 10/18/2010 9:09:39 PM
Re: Knight Enterprises Every location digitalphonemike 10/14/2010 6:22:20 PM