Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How to get monies owed to me

If you are going to do something with the unpaids, you better act fast.  There is a statute of limitation on things like this (makes me wonder why it does not apply to credit cards, dentist bills, hospital bills, etc).  Even if they filed bankruptcy does not mean you would not get your money because you could include the DBA, owners, and yes, even the cable company itself.  I believe you have 2 years to begin a lawsuit.  However, if you have ANYTHING in writing, that could point to the company filing bankruptcy and thinking of it before they made contract with you, it does not matter if bankruptcy was granted.  You are entitled to your money because they hired you knowing they did not intend to pay.  Also, in the future, when you do a contract, you might want to add a bankruptcy clause somewhere in there.  It will stop this.  The clause should be liken to the one that cash loan places use - do not intend to file bankruptcy, and all contract agreement are not bound by bankruptcy agreement, and will be settled with payment.
This is CABL.com posting #315179. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbt9H
Posted in reply to: Re: How to get monies owed to me by JohnnyYuma
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: How to get monies owed to me salesdawg 10/8/2010 10:49:21 AM