Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How much wood can a wood chuck, chuck?

I'm guessing a colder than normal, longer than normal winter this year up here. Damn WW, good work bud! I should be so damn lucky to be able to heat my home with wood. We have propane heat here. Last fillup 2 years ago was about $1200 and that needs to be done twice a year just to keep the house from freezing. If I kept it warm in here it would cost me 3 to 4 tanks of propane.

So 2 years ago I being broke, decided to try using space heaters (safe modern ones with all kinds of safety shutoff switches, believe me) to heat the house and I have found I can keep the house 1 degree warmer @ 69 degrees with space heaters and add to my already too high electric bill, about $200-$300/mo more. This is with NO propane heating. The space heaters switch off and on and I clean the filter once a month.One wears out I don't fix, I replace. Safer that way and cheaper. So figure $300 x 4 months equals $1200 for the season at warmer temps. I save $2400 a season.

But @ $67/mo and a little more elbow grease, I think I could welcome wood as my heating source. Love the PBR fee figured in. You also forgot to charge 3 hours for being drunk and having fun chasing each other around with a running chainsaw.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #313876. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbtOG
Posted in reply to: Re: How much wood can a wood chuck, chuck? by hookman 81
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: How much wood can a wood chuck, chuck? WeeWah 9/20/2010 11:05:04 AM