Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Things that need to be asked when figuring out

Thats pretty much my story, got out of the pen, no one would hire, not even the $8/hr jobs, so i stopped the boo hooing and rolled the dice and started my own company, a majority of people do stupid things as a young adult and only a handful actually get caught, 

I do believe in background checks to a certain extent. A lot of companies and people are too quick to judge by whats on that piece of paper. I was 19 when my crimes happend, and I went in for bomb threats against the police department and stealing by deceit, (ebay scamming) this was all back in 1999. Now I am 30 years old and have a family, things obviously change, I grew up and now have a lot more responsibilites.. So if I did a background check on someone and oh no they have a "drug possession" charge back "X" amount of years ago, ok well that was then, whats going on now in your life? I can honestly understand why i didnt get hired when i FIRST got out of prison, I have to gain trust, but cmon 11 years later with a clean record since? Thats where I think the background checks get a bit crazy.. 

I am by no means a big company at all, but I have about 23 sales reps around the nation and some locally and i make good money but I would NEVER screw them out of their money.. But its just like all these idiot re-offenders out there who give people like me a bad name.. you get in trouble once, you get on parole then you go back etc etc etc.. so of course people are automatically going to assume I am going to screw up again.. 
This is CABL.com posting #313005. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbtAD
Posted in reply to: Re: Things that need to be asked when figuring out by salesdawg
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Things that need to be asked when figuring out newagerml 10/7/2010 11:46:56 AM