Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Distraction?

I don't remember anyone connecting the building of the mosque to how the economy is doing. But you are correct in that one thing has nothing to do with the other.

Obama may not be a practicing Muslim but he did spend some of his formative years living in households that followed the Muslim faith. He has been quoted numerous times that he supports Muslims. But this too has nothing to do with the economy.

Yes they have every legal right to build a mosque anywhere the zoning law's allow it to be built. In time it may even be accepted to have a mosque within site of Ground Zero. But for the time being the wounds of 911 are still fresh, and to build a house of worship for the religious sect whos radical extremists murdered over 3000 Americans is not only in poor taste and judgment it's spitting in the face of all Americans.

It's like the Japanese building a shrine at Pearl Harbor 9 years after the attack or the KKK using the 16th St. Baptist Church to hold meetings in. Both would be legal but would people who remember what happened there not raise hell about it?

Even Muslim Americans understand why people are upset. For me personally I think they should zone the area so that no religious entities could build or operate any church, mosque, temple, shrine, or synagogue within 5000 yards of the area and grandfather any existing ones.
That would end the whole thing.

Now all that being said I have a question. Where did a Muslim community center that on last years tax's declare to have only $18,000 in their bank account come up with the 100 + million dollars to build a mosque?
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #310695. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbsZn
Posted in reply to: Distraction? by annubiss
There are 0 replies to this message