Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable company pays 25 period for hand dug drop

Hey Wiz look at the post cableguyswf.  Pay attention, THEY DO NOT PAY FOOTAGE PERIOD; UNDER OR OVER 125 FT LOL JUST 25.00 NO MATTER HOW LONG TO RUN IS. You may be getting taken because some primes will pay 25 for the drop then bill 150 (maybe more) to comcast.  Seems fair huh lol. I know it may sound accusational but it happens. lol

Consider this; an in-house tech gets about 15.00 an hour,bene's,sick days, and paid vaction.  If it takes you two hours to dig in a drop under 125 ft, you get a whopping 25.00 without all the extras and save them 5 dollars to boot.  The company pays you 5.00 less,no bene's, and if you know the rules you can be responsible for that line for 1 yr so if anything happens within a year they can and will back charge you(especially comcast), now is that 25.00 worth your time when you really think about it. lol  I;m sure they give as many drops as you can handle.

What is the difference between a drop and a hardline; Diameter.  Why should you have to dig 125 ft before you get paid for hand digging a drop, vesus a piece of hardline were as you get paid from jump.  I tell ya dis, my shovel is just as good doing hardline as it is a drop.  I should be paid footage from the first time I put that shovel in the ground drop or hard line. Thats just my feeling but you are probably one of the few guys that think 25.00 for a 125 ft drop is being paid fairly and thats cool with me lol.

If a drop is more that 25 ft and not more than one to dig in, I turn it in for the in house crew to do. I have no need to throe a fit lol. Something for you to think about.
This is CABL.com posting #306649. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrV7
Posted in reply to: Re: Cable company pays 25 period for hand dug drop by wizo6812
There is 1 reply to this message