Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I've Had Enough . Fuck em

pup, it dont matter if a prime shuts down cause the MSO has 10 more waiting in the wings and will take and payout less than the one that just lost their contract ...   THAT my friends is the problem - no prime is able to stand up to the MSO because they, just as the rest of us, are in it to make money not friends.  let's not get this twisted, i am not dogging you personally, pup, i am just stating the pure nature of the biz as i have seen with my own eyes over the years i have been in this game. And please remember - this may be our lives and livelyhood the primes (and MSOs) are playing with, BUT it is still just a game of one sort or another to them. wether it be money-game. political-game, or a personal vendetta-game it really is just a game to them.

My best advice - even if a prime pays a bit less than another, but treats you well, stick around because it may benefit you in the long run. I am not sayin stay with a prime that is screwing you by any means. I would rather do installs for a prime making $60k/year that treats me well rather than work for one making 70k/year that when needed wont back me up at all. not to mention the ones where you make 40k or 50k a year and still get the shaft. do some research before you sign a contract with a company - ask around, check the net, go talk to the primes mommy, but do whatever you have to in order to cover your a$$. this biz has become a cover your a$$ game and is nothing like 10 years ago when i got into. just my 2 cents , but what do i know?!?!?!
This is CABL.com posting #306596. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrVg
Posted in reply to: Re: I've Had Enough . Fuck em by cablepup1686
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: I've Had Enough . Fuck em cablepup1686 6/29/2010 10:28:30 PM