Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Best way to remove pole.

The best way of course is a digger derrick truck but I'm assuming you dont have one of those? If the new pole is close to the old pole I have jacked them out with chain hoists and some digging but this is awful labor intensive. Dig around the base of the old pole drive a j-hook into some good wood wrap it with a chain attach your hoist as high as you can on the new pole wrap a chain around it securing it with a j-hook to keep it from sliding down, dig alot, jack alot, repeat and dig as needed,usually digging a deep pit along the side of the old pole between the two poles is all thats needed,again this is time consuming and hard work but it works. Another trick is to dig around the old pole below grade and just saw it off with a chainsaw,dont know if your contract will let you but this would be the fastest way. Another thought is to leave em untill you got enough to justify renting a backhoe and spend a few days going back pulling poles every few weeks. Its been a long time but I'd think $100 a pole would be cheap price to pull poles, I got $200 per 15 yrs ago so it'd justify renting some equipment,if your doing it for less,your part of the problem.  
This is CABL.com posting #305099. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrw7
Posted in reply to: Best way to remove pole. by youngbuk
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Best way to remove pole. Rtucker 6/10/2010 12:18:44 PM
Re: Best way to remove pole. bushmaster 6/9/2010 11:22:27 PM
Re: Best way to remove pole. MCT-40 6/9/2010 9:19:47 PM