Create your free account now! Sign up

Why?

Why was such a big deal made of Helen Thomas  remarks about Israel?

While I may or may not agree with her views is she not entitled to her opinion? What has happened to free speech in this country? The person asking her her opinion was not even a real journalist, he was some collage kid who was using the whole thing to post on youtube. 

Has this country become so politically correct that a person in their 80's can't even speak their mind about things without causing a stir? I would feel differently about the whole thing if she were using her job as a newspaper correspondent to express her personal views, but she wasn't. She was one of the fairest reporters covering the White House for over 50 years, she never pulled any punches.

I guess that's what got her in the end, she spoke her mind and was eaten by her own kind. It looks as tho free speech of any kind is almost extinct. You can't tell illegals to go home, can't say a prayer in a public building, can't call a stupid woman a dumb cunt, can't tell someone to remove their hat and stand up when the national anthem is being played. The list could go on for day's and if you do anything that the minority feels is wrong the majority have to pay for it by giving up another right or paying for it with our tax dollars. 

WAKE THE FUCK UP AMERICA!!!! BEFORE THERE IS NO AMERICA.

Stop being afraid of every special interest group that wants everything their own way. Stop being afraid to speak your mind. Today its a 80 something year old woman who is it going to be tomorrow?

OK I'll get off my soapbox now, please forgive the rambling of this post but every time I see stupid things like the above it pisses me off.

As Voltaire said "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #304957. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbruP
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Why? willifstr 6/8/2010 2:39:52 PM
Re: Why? goodsky 6/7/2010 11:58:53 PM
Re: Why? d.s. 6/7/2010 11:38:27 PM
Re: Why? 2brikshyvtwin 6/7/2010 11:32:20 PM
Re: Why? jmiller 6/7/2010 7:51:56 PM