Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How to bid for jobs

Bidding, per say, Is 90% of where our pay has gone over the past 10 years. I take it you are talking about installing the sales the Co.`s, you mentioned, generate. If so, I suggest you first estimate what your overhead would be then look at paying your Techs. no lower than: standard dish & 1- rcvr. $70 + $15 ech. additional rcvr. + $10 for 2nd line to dvr. + $15 to $20 for AU9 dish. $30 to $50 upgrades + $15 on ech. adn`l rcvrs. on upgrades. Then add to those amounts what you would need to pay your overhead & make money. Techs. should keep thier customs. Set a fair guideline for customs so some techs. don`t lose customers due to overcharging. Take the total install price you come up with & submit it to the Co`s you want to work for, with your period of warrenty on your install & install materials. No matter what, stick to the prices you submit & stand behind your work.-----Last thing but certainly not least: YOU WILL FIRST HAVE TO SELL YOURSELF TO THOSE CO`S BEFORE YOU WILL GET THIER WORK. TRUTHFULLNESS, BACKBONE, PERSONALITTY, EYE CONTACT, A STRAIGHT BACK, A FIRM NOT PAINFUL HANDSHAKE AND A GOOD JOKE AT THE RIGHT TIME ARE THE MAIN THINGS THAT IMPRESS AND WIN PEOPLE OVER !!!! 
                            I wish you the best.
                                                           TONY.
THELONER
This is CABL.com posting #304869. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrtp
Posted in reply to: How to bid for jobs by GatesAudio
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: How to bid for jobs mickeysat17 7/6/2010 10:32:47 AM
Re: How to bid for jobs Chopps 6/9/2010 6:43:43 PM
Re: How to bid for jobs goodsky 6/6/2010 1:32:40 PM