Create your free account now! Sign up

Suicidal Installers.....

... I have seen several over the last few years. They set the 28' ladder up on the strand a full foot above the strand with the hooks on the ladder to the side and not over the strand... Another was this guy that I saw last year had the ladder fully extended and leaned against the pole... but he had the base of the ladder 3' from the base of the pole???? now he was climbing verrrryyy slowly up the pole..... Wonder why??? Block the traffic with your cones and truck... then set the ladder in the street not on the sidewalk......

My favorite was this guy that I saw two days ago set his 28' ladder against a wall with the ladder hooks out like he was catching the strand ... but he was leaning the ladder against the side of the two story house to raise and install a drop... he climbed up the ladder verrrrry carrrrrefullly... and when it started to slide on the wall he climbed down and raised the ladder out over the roof line of the house against the eaves and soffit. The roof was a 6 on twelve pitch and he was on the ladder when I just had to inerfere... I told him that it was too late in the day to Die... Then I told him to Get off the ladder and told him to reverse the strand hooks and lean the ladder back against the wall of the house....
Maybe this site needs a safety section for 'wannabe newbies that havent croaked yet'!
 Check out my linemens forum post on the same subject.....
This is CABL.com posting #303889. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrdB
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Suicidal Installers..... wingman 5/25/2010 7:41:51 PM
Re: Suicidal Installers..... PantherFan 5/25/2010 1:01:09 AM
Re: Suicidal Installers..... sdelnay 5/25/2010 12:44:49 AM
Re: Suicidal Installers..... ActionTec 5/24/2010 11:29:28 PM
Re: Suicidal Installers..... Rex Jones 5/24/2010 11:04:54 PM