Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Crimshield

I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me, as long as that decision is based on fact and not just "I think".

I do not question that due to a crimshield findings, that one can or cannot be hired. What I am saying, and everyone seems to be overlooking for whatever reason, is that the threshold limits are set by the MSO and NOT crimshield. Crimshield could come back with a report that a guy is a felon for whatever reason, and the MSO could still hire that person if that particular felony isn't on the list of no-hire reasons. Crimshield has no say regardless of the outcome. Now you as a business owner can hire said crimshield reject if you so desire. Crimshield nor Charter can prevent that from happening. Now, Charter can keep you from working that person in their system sure, but you still have the freedom to hire who you want. There is no other way to explain this any clearer than I already have.

Now this June 30th "drop dead date" is something new to me, but I certainly don't dispute the possibility of anyone that fails to pass a background check, performed by crimshield nor any other background check company, will be shut out of the system. Don't doubt it in the least, though this has been tried before and too much of the work force has been lost and work has suffered. As such, it doesn't last for long as they (MSO) needs warm bodies. This is akin to the old 'we are going all inhouse and get rid of all the contractors' scare that has been around about as long as I have been in the industry.

I wish you and all much luck in this ever changing industry. Crimshield is a joke in my opinion, and I agree, folks do deserve a second chance for most things, short of murder. But beyond that 2nd chance, the line must be drawn somewhere, so when it comes to a 3rd, 4th or even 5th chance, there comes a time when you have to say that person has no interest in bettering themselves. And I agree that someone that had shit happen 10 years ago, and nothing since, should not be penalized as long as he took care of everything back then.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #303171. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbq11
Posted in reply to: Re: Crimshield by Bkable
There are 0 replies to this message