Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Is the sales side of this business doomed to r

Wow, this is a great topic. Thank you Newagerml for posting such a valuable and current issue.
I would love to hear everyones opinion on this, as it affects all of us in the arena of sales.

I work with a few different systems spread across a few markets, so I am able to see it from different perspectives.  I am only providing my observations and not so much my opinions as I don't want to step on anyones toes or cross any lines.

The general observation I find is that it is very dependent on the particular market.  As much as all these companies are perceived as one large conglomerate, they are still very regionalized.  The offers, the commissions, the marketing, the promotions,  are very different one market to the next. 

This is not neccessarily a bad thing, unless you're in a market where commissions and teams are getting cut.

That is why I feel it is important to stay current on the companies we work for or employed by.  I have only been involved in this business for about 4 years, so I would like to hear some of the more seasoned players chime in here, but it seems to me, that even though the in-house teams are getting better and bigger, there will always be a need for contractors. We live in a market driven society and it is because of the competition from the contractors that have pushed the level of those teams higher.  That is why if you speak with a few of the in-house managers, they will say that contractors are a neccesarry evil.  It's more work for them to manage, but they drive sales, and the business model makes sense.

Lets hear some other thoughts.....
This is CABL.com posting #301279. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqxv
Posted in reply to: Is the sales side of this business doomed to repea by newagerml
There are 0 replies to this message