Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: It only gets better

I have sat back and bit my tongue long enough. I am with bushmaster here. There are too many pimps in the biz! It's not the fact that any monkey can do our job, what he is talking here is the OPERATIONAL COST FACTOR. IE..it takes x amount to operate per hour. I see you list yourself as an installation contractor. You of all people must know and realize it takes X amount per hour to pay for the truck, secretary, office supplies, insurance, vehicle, vehicle maintenance, taxes, tools, etc. That to me is a no brainer, and at $16.44 and hour, that is insulting and quite frankly impossible to compensate a cable brother appropriately in my opinion. So what happens when this guy drives his truck into the ground and has 300k miles on it and the MSO is squawking that the truck/van has to go. I cannot see anyone, not pursing something illicit or otherwise, being able to replace his/her most important "tool" in their vehicle. $30 per hour is a skimpy figure to cover costs and perhaps put a few dollars away so when said truck/van dies then maybe a guy can move on and by a new one!
This is CABL.com posting #300389. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqi9
Posted in reply to: Re: It only gets better by MitchellsInstallations
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: It only gets better MitchellsInstallations 4/21/2010 1:05:19 AM