Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Lead by example.. wouldn't you want that?

First of all, this was a GOP amendment.  So dont get me trying to explain why they wanted this. Second, I think your a bit confused or Im confused by your questions.  Congress is is the House and the Senate.  Congressional Staff is staff for the House and the Senate. Im not sure why it doesn't mention the President specifically. It might be because of seperation of powers.  Congress is the legislative banch.  The POTUS is part of the executive branch.

-

(D) MEMBERS OF CONGRESS IN THE EXCHANGE.-

(i) REQUIREMENT.-Notwithstanding any other provision of law, after the effective date of this subtitle, the only health plans that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or congressional staff shall be health plans that are-

(I) created under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act); or

(II) offered through an Exchange established under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act).

(ii) DEFINITIONS.-In this section:

(I) MEMBER OF CONGRESS.-The term ''Member of Congress'' means any member of the House of Representatives or the Senate.

(II) CONGRESSIONAL STAFF.-The term ''congressional staff'' means all full-time and parttime employees employed by the official office of a Member of Congress, whether in Washington, DC or outside of Washington, DC.
This is CABL.com posting #297209. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbptR
Posted in reply to: Re: Lead by example.. wouldn't you want that? by RadioMan
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Lead by example.. wouldn't you want that? Trey9007 3/26/2010 9:57:29 PM