Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Lead by example.. wouldn't you want that?

I'll take that bet. The senate bill to ammend that portion of the bill was introduced today by Senate Republicans and it was voted on and defeted by the Dems. 58-42 I think was the final vote count. Here is the info for you. By the way the bet is $1,000,000.00. See if Obama can get you that OK?

www.senate.gov
Ammendment to H.R. 4872
S.AMDT.3564
Sponsored by Chuck Grassely
Motion to Waive Sec. 313 of the CBA Grassley Amdt. No. 3564; To make sure the President, Cabinet Members, all White House Senior staff and Congressional Committee and Leadership Staff are purchasing health insurance through the health insurance exchanges established by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

Status-REJECTED

SA 3564. Mr. GRASSLEY (for himself and Mr. ROBERTS) submitted an amendment intended to be proposed by him to the bill H.R. 4872, to provide for reconciliation pursuant to Title II of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2010 (S. Con. Res. 13); as follows:

At the end of subtitle A of title I, insert the following:

SEC. 1006. PARTICIPATION OF PRESIDENT, VICE PRESIDENT, MEMBERS OF CONGRESS, POLITICAL APPOINTEES, AND CONGRESSIONAL STAFF IN THE EXCHANGE.

(a) In General.--Section 1312(d)(3)(D) of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is amended to read as follows:

``(D) PRESIDENT, VICE PRESIDENT, MEMBERS OF CONGRESS, POLITICAL APPOINTEES, AND CONGRESSIONAL STAFF IN THE EXCHANGE.--

``(i) IN GENERAL.--Notwithstanding chapter 89 of title 5, United States Code, or any provision of this title--

``(I) the President, Vice President, each Member of Congress, each political appointee, and each Congressional employee shall be treated as a qualified individual entitled to the right under this paragraph to enroll in a qualified health plan in the individual market offered through an Exchange in the State in which the individual resides; and

``(II) any employer contribution under such chapter on behalf of the President, Vice President, any Member of Congress, any political appointee, and any Congressional employee may be paid only to the issuer of a qualified health plan in which the individual enrolled in through such Exchange and not to the issuer of a plan offered through the Federal employees health benefit program under such chapter.

Just go to your fabulous gov'ts website and see for yourself. I'll take the million in low denomination non sequential bills. Just whenever Obama gets it to you. You know he's gotta print it first. I can wait. No big deal.
This is CABL.com posting #296978. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbpp8
Posted in reply to: Re: Lead by example.. wouldn't you want that? by Trey9007
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Lead by example.. wouldn't you want that? Trey9007 3/25/2010 10:33:25 PM
Re: Lead by example.. wouldn't you want that? Trey9007 3/25/2010 8:52:33 PM