Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dont Understand???

I have got to agree with Quester. There are always exceptions to the rule, but in most cases you get stabbed in the back. Best to just keep all the knives yourself. In a companies case they are protecting there best interests. They are already trusting you, but thats as far as they want to go.
Put yourself in the GM's position. I think that is one of the first lessons of business management training. Once you own the company then you can run it your way and take risks, but if your going to work for the man and expect to get anywhere do it his way. Not saying you got to be a total di$& but, never works standing on both sides of the fence. I bet if you owned a company and I came to work for you as a supervisor and you saw me out buddyin it up with the crew you would reconsider. Now its your money and company I am playing with.
Human nature is to try to get as much as you can, if your buddies with the boss well, i dont feel good, ima go in late, boss will cover for me.
Then its I gotta take my wife to work in the work truck cuz the car broke down, boss will cover for me. One day it will bite you in the arse.
If your workers have respect for you and any common sense they will totally understand and be happy knowing a good guy is in charge. You can take care of your guys and not be bffs.
If upper management has talked to you about it it is because they have seen something thats concerned them. How would you feel as a supervisor if you went to a worker and explained how they are not doing what you ask and they second guess you? Best to choose one side or the other in this case. Just my opinion. Good luck bro.
This is CABL.com posting #296177. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbpdd
Posted in reply to: Re: Dont Understand??? by metrosat
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Dont Understand??? olndog 3/19/2010 6:59:03 AM