Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Update

Ooh, that dispatcher-verified cert by the house techs is fun, lemme tell ya. There's some days you can hear the installer scream all the way back at the shop, without using a radio. Especially when you've gotta run two new a/o's, replace a good drop, verify your line escalation with a sup, all on a digital box upgrade or a program remote call. You hear em complain every day, how jacked up this house was, or how the customer didn't wanna give access to the modem on an 'unrelated' visit.

Everyone wants to work in a system that runs like a well-oiled machine, but of course no one wants to oil it themselves and panic at the thought of getting dirty for the sake of system upkeep. I'd gladly work for anyone that pays proper and can back up what they ask of you. Personally, I know it gets annoying, but I ask "Why?" about EVERYTHING I'm told. I want that knowledge of why we do a, b, and c, so when x, y, or z comes along,  I can make a good decision on how to handle it, and have sound reasoning to back it up. Unfortunately, I'm not finding many places that appreciate that anymore.

Oh, how things would be better my way, no matter who's talking, right?
This is CABL.com posting #296116. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbpce
Posted in reply to: Re: Update by 1FARMER
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Update jmiller 3/18/2010 6:50:45 PM