Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Pelosi: Dems close on health care agreement

lol....... It really cracks me up when I hear people say cutting taxes will fix everything.  Its funny for two reasons. 

Reason 1, is the fact that when Dems cut taxes, the GOP calls it spending. For example, the stimulus was 1/3 tax cuts.  But yet the GOP consdiers it all spending.  The GOP yells stop spending.  But their answer for jobs is, in essence, more spending.  So either tax cuts are coonsidered spending ONLY when Dems cut taxes, or the GOP is yelling to stop spending, while at the same time calling for more spending in the form of tax cuts.

Reason 2.  Unconditional tax cuts have proven not to work.  The GOP has been very good at spinning the Reagan tax cuts as good for the economy.  The only thing these kind of tax cuts do is move debt from the budget, to the deficit.  Its a shell game. After  the Reagan tax cuts and after the Bush tax cuts, the national debt SOARED.  But the economy did good.  This is why I laugh when I hear Republicans say they are concerned with leaving debt to future generations.  Leaving debt to future generation is exactly what the GOP has done with their unconditional tax cuts. They cut taxes to gain votes "now" and put the rest on the credit card for future generations to pay. Im all for tax cuts.  But they can't be unconditional.  They should be given on certain conditions that help the economy. 
This is CABL.com posting #295263. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mboYt
Posted in reply to: Re: Pelosi: Dems close on health care agreement by MCT-40
There is 1 reply to this message