Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Has Anyone Heard Of Cox Going To Piece Price A

Having activation thrown in with piece prices isn't anything new. It is a model that has been used for at least 2 decades. And as long as they don't expect anything beyond rough balancing, it isn't too bad. Just stuff the actives when you are building the piece and go on your way. Let the sweep techs worry about any level discrepancies that might arise. That is what they are being paid for and the reason activation isn't being paid to the splicers. And I actually agree with the MSO's on this one. There is no reason to pay twice for the activation.

I never minded a quick rough balance. Zip the lid open and change a pad and zip the lid closed. BTW, just what are the (average) splicing prices now-a-days? I see by this post that at least this job is piece work (which actually can be better money depending on the prices and the spans) but what is the average footage & piece prices? I presume $0.43/ft is no longer the norm? And $80 a trunk amp, $55 a LE, $20 a tap, $32 a split/DC, is no longer the norm?

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #294607. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mboNT
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Has Anyone Heard Of Cox Going To Piece Price A drifterdawg 3/8/2010 9:03:56 PM