Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Health Care Summit.

The fines are justified by the fact that the law says hospitals must treat you, no matter of your ability to pay for the services you receive.  You cant go walk into a chevy dealership and walk out with a new truck, unless you are able to prove your ability to pay or have the cash in your pocket.  But people can do this to a hospital.

So even though the person may not want insurance, he/she is still guranteed the right to be treated.  Thats an entitlment, and it must be funded.  If you're not going to purchase insurance, which would help keep the costs down, you should have to pay a fine.  But I think that fine should be refunded, if you can prove you pay for your health services out of pocket. I think the fine is about $495 deducted from the standard deduction on your 1040.  If you have receipts showing you paid for health services out of your pocket, I think that amount should be credited against the fine. I do not feel people should be able to not pay anything, while maintaining the right to receive treatment, regardless of their ability to pay.  If you dont want insurance, and don't want to pay the fine, waive/forfeit your right to be treated regardless of your ability to pay.
This is CABL.com posting #293475. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbovD
Posted in reply to: Re: Health Care Summit. by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Health Care Summit. sab3r 2/26/2010 1:23:37 PM