Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Get this bulls*^%&

most of these guys are right, as much as i hate to say it to ya, earl.  I did installs for my first few years in the game , and I understand your grief. 10 - 20 jobs a day was a normal route for me as well, BUT like someone said in a previous post - one day you're the golden child... the next you are considered a hack.  That's why we all call it a "game" , because that is what it is ... A NUMBERS GAME !!!! The only thing the plant managers and Operations managers look at are the reports versus workload. Don't worry because they do the same to the in-house guys as well.  I do realize it is your life and you may be trying to feed and shelter a family, but realizing it is a numbers/politics based business makes it difficult sometimes. The MSO isn't concerned about you.... you are just another installer (tech number) to them -  THAT IS IT !!!!  I am not doubting your skills by any means because I dont know your skills. Nothing you are griping about is within your control, period !   We as contractors are there as a convenience to the MSO to help complete the workload they can't complete themselves - it really is just that easy, earl. You either have to ride it out or bail and find another career path because unfortunately this business will not change.   Take the hit as a learning curve and learn from it - I assure you there will be a few more lessons you will unwillingly learn throughout your career in this business , as fickle as it is.    LORD, I LOVE THE CABLE BUSINESS !!!!!
This is CABL.com posting #293095. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbopv
Posted in reply to: Re: Get this bulls*^%& by PantherFan
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Get this bulls*^%& Mad/Dog 2/24/2010 1:08:48 AM