Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Iran? A weapon? Really?

I'm not defending G.W.Bush, but some people are forgeting some facts about the 2003 invasion of Iraq.  They opened the door themselves.  After the Gulf war, the U.N. authored resolutions to make Iraq comply with the conditions of surrender.  The almost immediately violated UNSCOM Resolutions #687, 699, and 707.  From late 1991 to 2003 they thumbed their noses at the world.  They were also caught lying to I.A.E.A. inspectors several times.  Their military took pot-shots at U.N. weapons inspectors quite a few times.  All of this in direct violation of the resolutions.  The U.N. then wrote resolutions 1060, 1115, 1134, 1137, 1205 (and the list goes on and on) condemning Iraq's lack of cooperation.  That alone was enough to cause action.  And what was little reported that in July of 2008 a shipment arraigned by the U.S. to transport 550 metric tons of uranium out of Iraq.  It was low grade, natural uranium often refered to as "Yellowcake".  It's main use is to generate energy but can be enriched to weapons grade.  Iraq has never, I repeat never had plans for any kind of nuclear energy generation facility.  Hmmm, I got got to wonder what they were planning to do with the shit.  Control of their oil became a door prize for the U.S.
This is CABL.com posting #292654. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mboio
Posted in reply to: Re: Iran? A weapon? Really? by Mad/Dog
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Iran? A weapon? Really? Mad/Dog 2/20/2010 5:41:20 AM