Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The GOP 2 step..............IT GETS WORSE

With no stimumuls, Detroit and all their suppliers would have laid off more people.  More dealerships would have closed.  This would effected industrys across the spectrum. 

Extending the banks a life line was also key.  Doing nothing is the worse thing we could have done.  I can't beleive you actually said the job losses were going to just stop anyway. lol........  Where do you get this stuff. lol........ We lost 8.4 million jobs during this recession.  We our economy is at its best, it creates 180,000 a month.  So do the math, how long would it take to get everyone working again. Sab3r, there is no majic wand.  It's going to take time.  They are predeicting 95,000 jobs a month 2010.

The main thing government does, for an economy, is create an enviroment where people feel safe doing business.  The markets are a leading indicator.  How go the markets, eventually goes the economy.

Only $31B of stimulus has been used for infrastructure, so far.  Obama has always said that the private sector was the key!! Are you implying that Obama said government alone would save the economy???  The only people who implied government could do everything were those on the Right.  If you need to see clips of our President stating the private sector is key, let me know and I will post them for you.

The stimulus and all other government intervention were designed to be temporary.  These plans were put in place to temporarily keep the economy going.  The private sector had frozen.
This is CABL.com posting #292344. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbodo
Posted in reply to: Re: The GOP 2 step..............IT GETS WORSE by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: The GOP 2 step..............IT GETS WORSE sab3r 2/17/2010 10:35:15 PM