Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Descrimination

I understand what you are saying, but my problem with that is EVERYONE has done something sometime in their life to qualify for some kind of record, but some of them were not caught. When it comes down to it its not what you have done its how it looks on paper. If its not on paper no one cares. From the way I see it its how will this make the company look not how well the work is being done by that particular employee. I agree with everyone that has made mistakes in the past that I shouldn't pay the rest of my life for what I did when I was young. There should be an easier workaround then expungement or a pardon once you have proven yourself as a trusted citizen. The mistakes I made then says I made bad decisions at the time, but by continually holding me accountable and not giving me a chance actually places me back in the system which almost leaves me no choice but to make the same bad decisions. Almost every where I look today states an extensive background check, so what choice do I have. I'm sorry, its a soap box of mine.

My original question was actually being hired by the employer with a clean record for  seven years, working for them for 9 months and then being let go because of  something in 1989. I don't think I have a leg to stand on, but other people are telling me different. Any way thanks for the input.
This is CABL.com posting #292288. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbocu
Posted in reply to: Re: Descrimination by EshoreJoe
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Descrimination WeeWah 2/17/2010 8:40:29 PM