Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The definition of a HACK

I agree lahm 100%. We all know what sweep entails, if a water logged splitter is inline, take it out and install a new one. You will see it in the trace. It can not be worked around, it has to be changed period. Before I buy a plane ticket or drive across the country, I get the details of the job. But, the problem is that when the details change. I don't mean the small details, I mean the big details. It actually turns into a completely different job. For example, one may go to a job and the complete skope of the job entails cut out old active cut in new active and sweep it for .08 per foot (EOLs as well). Thats fine, I could make that and only that work. Then 6 weeks in to the project it changes to change all the taps out. One maybe 20 miles in to it. No faceplate change, I mean cut out alot of taps and cut in alot of new ones, for free. The last check is held ransom until it is done. To me a situation like that is unacceptable. I always, always ask for the details in writing, the last time I recieved details in writing was several years ago. It should be simple, and it use to be. Go to a job, get details in writing, do the job right the first time, then get paid. Those days are gone. I miss it. It's unfourtunate that the buisness is changing like that. Alot of good, well seasoned cable people are being replaced with 19 year old kids doing it wrong for $12 per hour. To the unemployed spectators, if I used improper grammar, it happens, deal with it.
This is CABL.com posting #292143. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbn99
Posted in reply to: Re: The definition of a HACK by lahm
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: The definition of a HACK Phantom Splicer 2/16/2010 6:24:43 PM