Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: More GOP Shenanigans.....

The health care bill more than likely would have survived the due to the Interstate Commerce Clause. The Supreme Court more than likely would have refused to even listen to arguments on the case.

There are millions of americans out there that do not have access to health insurance. Some of them work in low wage jobs that do not offer health insurance. Others just simply can't afford the outrageous premiums. Still, there others who would like to have affordable insurance, but have been denied insurance coverage due to a pre-existing condition.

The whole point is mute anyway, as the current health bill is all but dead.

We need legislation that gives incentives to people who create jobs. We also need to loosen credit. With out credit, companies aren't able to get the funding needed to expand and hire new employees. With out credit, most new businesses will not be able to get off the ground. Health care reform is also needed as alot of employers are unable to pay for their employee's health care any longer. That puts a strain on the employee who now has to pay higher premiums and greater out of pocket expenses.

Me and mine as you put it are part of WE, THE PEOPLE. Me and mine, along with millions of other americans would have seen our insurance premiums actually go down instead of double digit increases that we have seen for the last 9 years. Me and mine, along with millions of other americans would have been able to actually put money into savings instead of having to pay more for health insurance. We have to come together if we are going to be successful in overcoming what we now face. This has nothing to do with LEFT or Right. WE, THE PEOPLE have to come together not as Republicans, Independents, or Democrats, but as Americans to get these issues resolved. Every person that gets elected, whether Democrat, Independent, or Republican, has their own agenda once elected. We all know that, and we all accept it. It has to stop.

This current situation that we are in now (the recession) started in December 2007. Every one wants this to be fixed yesterday. It is going to take years for this to get fixed. They are stating that about 25% of the jobs that were lost are not coming back. Our economy is struggling. New jobs are not being created to replace the ones that were lost. Banks are not loaning the monies needed to stave off a double dip in the economy. Bankruptcies are at an all time high. There is another huge round of foreclosures that is looming in the near future.

This is CABL.com posting #291741. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbn3F
Posted in reply to: Re: More GOP Shenanigans..... by MCT-40
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: More GOP Shenanigans..... sab3r 2/13/2010 4:36:01 PM