Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: EVEN More GOP Shenanigans.....

There is no real debate on terrorism.  Its a manufactured argument.  Were going to spend millions regardless where these people are tried.  They would be given a public attorney in military court. The vast majority of them will go before military commisions. Only a handfull will go before a federal judge.  If I recall correctly, those going to federal court were all involved with 9/11.  They may not have been captured in the US.  But their crime was commited in the US.

You mentioned Gitmo.  How much do you think it costs to keep Gitmo open?  As far as torture goes, I have to admit I'm a HUGE hypocrite on this topic. I do not think our official policy should allow torture  We've signed too many international agreements stating we wont do it.  I also don't like the fact that us becoming a nation that tortures, places our guys at an even more greater risk to be tortured if they were captured.  HOWEVER, I do feel if we had to use torture to get information, so be it.  I also feel if torture is to be used, it should be done in manner that no one would ever know.  Us torturing folks should be one of the highest pieces of classified information. No one should go to jail for torturing, if they were following orders. 

"Real bad boys move in silence"

-KRS One
This is CABL.com posting #291666. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbn2s
Posted in reply to: Re: EVEN More GOP Shenanigans..... by djwils
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: EVEN More GOP Shenanigans..... MCT-40 2/12/2010 5:53:16 PM